PS3 OFW 4.81/4.82 NOR Dumper v1.0
esc0rtd3w (Debugging, Research & Testing)
Habib (ROP Chaining & Debugging)
More Info at: http://www.psx-place.com
PLEASE READ FIRST:
So in short, never use the browser or set a homepage you cancel before running the exploit!
If you need to, set the homepage to 'blank', close the browser then reopen it to start the flash dumper
1) Try using a LAN connection or a solid WiFi connection during exploitation. A weak signal can cause problems.
2) If the exploit takes more than 5 minutes to work, reload page, browser, or restart console and try again.
3) If you are using a LAN connection and experience network issues, make sure all cables to router are in working order.
1. Setup a small Web server on pc or smartphone. A custom miniweb application has been created by Aldo, and supplied to host files if you would like to use it. Don't come to us for explanations about how to run a http server though. Google it.
2. Extract the files from release to your http server root folder.
3. Put a FAT32 USB key in port closest to BD Drive (/dev_usb000).
4. DOUBLE-CHECK your flash drive on XMB to make sure it shows up under Music, Photos, Videos, etc.
5. Open the ps3 browser, press start & write the ip address of your server (and the port if not 80).
7. Click on the button and wait for PS3 to power down. DO NOT STOP THE PROCESS ONCE STARTED!!
8. Once PS3 has powered down, the NOR flash memory dump can be found on the USB device in a file named 'dump.hex'.
- Initial Release. Supports Full NOR Flash memory dumping on all models PS3 consoles using NOR.