1. A breve aggiorneremo la piattaforma di Reboot per risolvere alcuni problemi con i plug-in, quindi chiediamo ancora un po' di pazienza, Lo staff di Reboot

3DS Downgrade 3DS 10.7/10.6 to 9.2

Discussione in 'English Forums' iniziata da StandardBus, 15 Mar 2016.

1. StandardBus

StandardBus Staff Alan Staff

Iscritto:
    15 Dic 2014
    Like ricevuti:
    [​IMG]
    Questa guida è disponibile anche in italiano: https://www.reboot.ms/forum/threads/downgrade-3ds-10-6-e-10-7.1938/

This guide talks about is valid for firmwares 10.6 and 10.7, but also for FIRM-patched 11.0 consoles. Every 11.0 FIRM-patched console acts exactly as a 10.7, so you can follow this guide.

The svchax allow users to load homebrew with ARM11 Kernel privileges on all 3DS' with max FW 10.7, so having only an entrypoint on 10.6 and 10.7 we can downgrade to 9.2.
    Ninjhax (Cubic Ninja), OOThax (Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D) and SmashHax (Smash Bros 3DS, only on new3DS' and only with eShop SSB4 v1.12 or original cartridge) are perfect entrypoints, already able to load the homebrew launcher on 10.7.
    If you have a Sky3DS, you can follow this guide too, loading Cubic Ninja on your microSD.

Requirements

• An exploitable game cartridge between Cubic Ninja (highly reccomended), Zelda Ocarina of time 3D, Smash Bros 3DS (v1.12 max or cartridge) or a Sky3DS with Cubic Ninja.
    • Your 3DS should be connected to WiFi. It needs internet connection to download the correct exploit files.
    • This guide is compatible with every existing 3DS, but only on FIRMWARE 10.6 or 10.7.
      If you are on 10.5 or lower, please follow this guide instead [Link]
    • SD card with 1GB free space.
    • [optional but reccomended] a valid NAND backup in order to restore the 3DS in case of brick.
    Prepare the SD

Download and extract on the SD all files linked above (select your console model, then procceed downloading all the files linked)

Load Homebrew launcher using Cubic Ninja

[​IMG]

1. Insert Cubic Ninja on your 3DS and launch it. At the title screen, press (A) to enter the menu
      You've already installed NinjHax on your cartridge in the past? If yes, you should reset the card in order to launch the new payload:
      On the game menu, press at the same time L+R+X+Y and keep them pressed for seconds.
      You will be asked on screen: "Do you want to delete all data?". Answer "Yes"and confirm again with "Yes", then continue with this guide.

2. Press on CREATE :arrowright: QR code :arrowright: Scan QR Code. The 3DS camera will turn on.
    3. Choose the correct model and region of your 3DS, then scan the QR code with the 3DS camera.

4. Once you did this correctly, the 3DS upper screen should turn black for a second. After this, you will see the ninjhax installer:
      [​IMG]

I don't see any installer on my screen, what should I do?

Please check if your 3DS is connected to WiFi and that has internet access. The installer should be downloaded for the first time, it isn't inside the QR code.
      In past, happened also that ninjhax files went offline, so please post your problem here below, we will try to help you.
    5. Press (A) to confirm the installation: an hacked savedata will be written on your game cart, but don't worry: you can delete it anytime.
    6. Once installed, press (A) again to finally launch the exploit and the homebrew loader.

Downgrade!

Warning: this is the dangerous part.

- With SafeSysUpdater, is not possible to install wrong CIAs, so a brick can occur only if the console shuts down or show ERROR during the downgrade. A restore is possible only if it is semi-bricked (frankenfirmware) or if you have a NAND.bin file/emuNAND SD backup, via hardmod [guide]. You can contact me via PM if you need a NAND restore). Alternatively, you can try to enter the recovery mode to update the console to the last firmware, and then try to downgrade again.
    - Proceeding with this guide, you take your risk.

1. From the homebrew launcher, start the SafeSysUpdater.
      [​IMG]
    2. If the screen remain black, shut down the console by keeping pressed the power button, and then launch the HBL again from Cubic Ninja.
    3. Press (Y) to start the downgrade procedure. The program will check first your console model, and then the CIA compatibility.
      [​IMG]
      The installation will take a bit of time, so wait patiently. Don't touch or shut down the 3DS in this part.
    4. At the end, you will see this message:
      [​IMG]
      Press (B) to shut down the console or keep pressed the power button until all leds are off.
    5. Extract the SD and check if the downgrade is ok: you can verify the system version under the settings menu.
    If the downgrade is went fine, from the firmware 9.2 you can launch any CFW, or install the Arm9LoaderHax.

Ultima modifica: 19 Dic 2016
    A SpockNimoy, kayxo e Bigguy piace questo elemento.
  2. ALPHAGXXX

ALPHAGXXX Livello 1

Iscritto:
    17 Mar 2016
    Like ricevuti:
    how to do it with Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D?

there is only Cubic Ninja in the post?

3. kayxo

kayxo Livello 1

Iscritto:
    26 Mar 2016
    Like ricevuti:
    I was able to get a copy of Cubic Ninja. Now my question is, I was on 10.5 and using the Homebrew hacks through my Browser and scanning a QR code to get into the launcher. Finally, the DS forced me to update and I could not use my internet/ online services without updating. When I do this process of downgrading will it not prompt me to update my DS anymore allowing me to still be able to add friends on my DS? I even tried blocking the DNS Servers of getting updates from Nintendo but OBV that did not work at all for me. Any tips? I play Animal Crossing: New Leaf and when i trade with friends (i use romtools and savemanger) and need to add them i need internet etc.

A hyper999999 piace questo elemento.
  4. hyper999999

hyper999999 Livello 1

Iscritto:
    16 Mar 2016
    Like ricevuti:
    Hello, that firmware will bug you that in order to use internet browser you need to update. Thus, the only way of avoiding this, must be quick though, resetting the time to 00:00 plus setting the date to say "1-01-00", once you confirm this, quickly go back and retry broswerhax and it should work

Or just rely on the ninjahax with your golden copy of Cubic Ninja, it'll automatic jump straight to homebrew launcher and totally avoiding going through web browser, downgrade to 9.2 and your SUPER

I believe you may already need a hacked save file to perform this if im not mistaken, ive seen some tuts about it using powersave to transfer one save to another

A StandardBus piace questo elemento.
  5. pokerguy365

pokerguy365 Livello 1

Iscritto:
    1 Apr 2016
    Like ricevuti:
    I would also like to know, has there been an answer?

6. kayxo

kayxo Livello 1

Iscritto:
    26 Mar 2016
    Like ricevuti:
    I did that and i still can not add people.

7. Darca

Darca Livello 1

Iscritto:
    15 Apr 2016
    Like ricevuti:
    Hi
    after the installation my 3ds went different colour in the bottom
    It stops at red and the top part is black
    then it wont go on unless i shut it down

A Baconez piace questo elemento.
  8. Animeman1000

Animeman1000 Livello 1

Iscritto:
    1 Mag 2016
    Like ricevuti:
    I just hacked my 3DS for the first time ever yesterday. I never knew about the 3DS hacking scene until 3 or 4 days ago.
    I spent all day researching and making sure I knew the basics, what can cause a brick, and how to avoid one.
    While doing some research I found 2 guides.
    This was one of them and while this is a pretty great guide, it's not the one I used. This is just to downgrade.
    If you want a thorough guide that helps you downgrade, keep all your data, and install Arm9LoaderHax safely and with basically no chance of bricking your 3DS then use this guide:
    https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This guide also shows you how to make NAND backups in case you semi-brick and need to revert back to a previous working state.
    DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT USE ANYONE ELSE'S NAND.bin FILES AS YOUR BACKUP! YOU WILL BRICK YOUR SYSTEM GUARANTEED.

Side note: I had trouble during section 3 step 15. It says to run Luma 3DS. What the guy fails to note is that in a later step he tells you to put some .bin files in the payload folder. You need these files in order for Luma to run. Other wise you'll keep getting a black screen like I did.

As stated on the creator of Luma's, github FAQ:
    https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/FAQ-and-Troubleshooting

I went ahead and put all the correct up to date files in the payloads folder and uploaded it. You can find that here:
    http://tinyurl.com/zh9v8qg (Sorry about the last link. Didn't know it was encrypted.)

If you need any help and get stuck let me know. Believe me I got stuck a few times and like the guide states you may need to launch some homebrew apps more than once for them to work properly.

Here are some pics for proof and one video of some progress!
    Pics:
    Video:

Sorry to all the people who bricked their system, but to those who haven't yet please do it properly. Do your research and look up a ton of videos like I did. Follow the guide I linked earlier to the letter and you should be fine!!

Ultima modifica: 8 Mag 2016
    A StandardBus piace questo elemento.
  9. RainAkaLudwig

RainAkaLudwig Livello 1

Iscritto:
    7 Mag 2016
    Like ricevuti:
    I literally can't scan the QR code whatever I do, even tryed printing it out. Halp? T^T

10. Animeman1000

Animeman1000 Livello 1

Iscritto:
    1 Mag 2016
    Like ricevuti:
    The QR code for Ninjhax? IDK what to tell you m8. It worked fine for me and I wouldn't know what to do if it didn't work.
    Have you searched online?
    Try this:
    http://bfy.tw/5eTk

11. agusss

agusss Livello 1

Iscritto:
    24 Mag 2016
    Like ricevuti:
    Plis help.. After harmod. 11.0.0 native firm 10.4..
    I can go . stuck on QR.. Ninjax with sky3ds

What should i do?

12. StandardBus

Iscritto:
    15 Dic 2014
    Like ricevuti:
    You should connect the 3DS to internet, then re-scan the QR inside cubic ninja.

13. Animeman1000

Animeman1000 Livello 1

Iscritto:
    1 Mag 2016
    Like ricevuti:
    How do I stop getting notifications? I don't wanna see replies in my email!!

14. StandardBus

Iscritto:
    15 Dic 2014
    Like ricevuti:
    Just don't check the first mail you will receive, and you are automatically unsubscribed from next answers notifications.

15. agusss

agusss Livello 1

Iscritto:
    24 Mag 2016
    Like ricevuti:
    I conect internet. But still not work.. Almost 3day i try it. Stuck in QR ninjax. I used blue botton sky3ds ninjax. .

Sto caricando...

Condividi questa Pagina